Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm Back!!


My poor ol' hubby has had to have some surgeries and has not been really well for a while now. With that and helping out on the ranch I couldn't keep up with my blog here so I deleted it. Shuckydarn ! I shouldn't have done that. Now I've got to start all over again. Anyway, Ive uploaded some of my work but there is much much more. You can see my work on my website at http://www.snicolasoriginals.com/ These are my new passion. They are sculpted natural gourds. Fun to do and not nearly as involved as the figurative pieces. The faces are done with polymer clays. The bearding and embellishments are done with Apoxi Sculpt. Fun stuff that Apoxi Sculpt. They've been sealed so they can be placed out of doors.






























4 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry! I am glad to see you back and love your Santa gourds and that little pig is too cute!! I remember a lot of these sculpts from your other blog and they are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, Sherry's back! These gourds are very impressive & a clever way to create a complete sculpt without ALL the work of a full figure. I never have tried that Apoxie Sculpt stuff - forgota bout it actually. Anway, I love the Santas, but that bunny has sure got character!
    I'm equally lax with my blog, but I have no excuse! I'll be sure to check in here from time to time. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that pig is too adorable! I like what you're doing here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome gourds !! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope all is well with you.

    Hoopie

    ReplyDelete